Skip to main content

Graphic Design Final

My Favorite Projects

Typography Graphic

My 3rd favorite project was the typography projects. We found some of our favorite quotes that were meaningful to us and then made a graphic design out of it. The project took about 2 weeks. Some challenges I faced were just trying to find the right color schemes for each of my graphics. Some new skills I learned were how to use different types of pens to create different styles of strokes and textures. I took feedback on my color schemes. I changed the style of the spider because it did not work well when I filled it in with color. I think overall it turned out pretty well I think there is some room for improvement though. 

Concert Advertising 

My 2nd favorite project was the concert advertisement. What we had to do was pick an artist or musical artist and create a poster, tickets, and poster. This project took about 3 weeks. The challenges I faced were just trying to figure out how to put ever single piece of information on a poster while still making it look aesthetically pleasing. I learned how to work with shadows better and working with the masking tool with the opacity. I took in consideration if I should put all of his album symbols on it or just one and everyone told me to put all of them to fill up more space. I changed from having 2 to 3 photos of Ed to just one so it is not too overwhelming. I think overall it turned out really good except I made a mistake exporting and the font did not come out right.

Vector Portrait

My favorite project overall for sure was the vector portrait. What we had to do was pick a photo of ourselves and then use vector points to basically redraw it and make it as realistic as possible. This project 5took about 2 to 3 weeks. The biggest challenge for me was trying to recreate the reflection in the glasses because it was so small and detailed. The new skill I learned was just how to better handle the pen tool with curves. At first I was just going to make the glasses black but someone suggested to me to just do one lens then just reflect it to the other side. That is also what I changed from the original idea. Overall I think this was my best project I have done in here and I think I made it as realistic as I possibly could.

Reflection

Overall I think I used my time very wisely throughout the whole year. During class when I finished a project I would work on my video stuff or mess around with Photoshop or Illustrator. I did on my own time at my house watch videos to try and learn new things. On my blogs I would state what I would do differently next time. I would work on these projects outside of school to make it better.

My strength in E-Comm would definitely be the convergence journalism part of E-Comm or creating Vector drawings like the self portrait. I am also good at editing videos and I enjoy it alot and could even spend hours just editing videos.

I need to improve on graphic design and learning how to use illustrator better and just learn to make my projects more aesthetically pleasing. I also want to learn how to make a good color scheme because I can never pick the right colors. With the 5 guarantees I need an improvement on my leadership skills.

Conclusion

I loved just having the chance to create our own designs and just bringing them to life through posters. I would change that during first semester to give us more creative projects with photoshop and to use photoshop a lot more. I just want to grow in my writing and grow in my editing skills to make my work look more professional. This year was probably my favorite year of school and being in e-comm helped alot especially with the new friendships I have made this past school year. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film

What I Learned I worked on the "Victoria" I learned that sometimes you need to problem solve last minute and I learned how to do that because 2 actors quit on us. We got replacements fast and made an effective schedule that works for everyone. I also learned how to organize everything better to make everything easier.  What I Would Do Differently I would have picked different actors who were reliable the first time so we did not have to spend a lot of time just worrying. I also would have changed the volume in some shots the car scene needed to be quieter and the coffee scene needed the audio of the dialogue to be louder. Also next time to make sure there is no jump cuts.

House Project

The Project So for this project we used sketchup and we had to make a model of a house we found on houseplans.com. This let us learn sketchup more and how to use different techiques in sketchup. The Process First we had to find a house then we had to look at the measurements of the house. I first just made a big block then I shaped it to look like my house. Then once I just got the shape of my house I added a porch and stairs. Then I started adding windows, doors and stuff like that. Then finally I looked back at my house and just tried to compared them and I added extra details that I forgot to do. Then after that I made an animation of giving a tour of my house.  I used this texture for my porch I used this texture for my house. What I Learned I learned how to use sketchup and different tools and techniques within sketchup. Like the push and pull tool to make a shape different heights. Then I learned how to use the orbital tool to move the camera and I

Color Wheel Project

Color Wheel These past few days we have been making a color wheel to get to know how to use adobe illustrator better. So this was a very simple and easy project that let us know how to use certain tools and this is like our first step to do even bigger projects. Overall I did pretty well and it was a very simple and easy project to do. First we made the big circle then put 2 triangles in the middle and one of the triangles is upside down and dotted. Then we made smaller circles for the primary colors and squares for the secondary colors and small triangles for the triaph colors. Then we typed what each color was then we were done and all I had to do was save it.  What I Learned   I learned a lot on what to do in adobe illustrator while doing this small project. First we did some review and learned about the color wheel and all of the colors. Like primary and secondary colors. Then we learned some tools on illustrator. Like the shape tool and how to use different shapes and make