Skip to main content

Semester 1 Final

Reflection

This semester I have learned a lot. Like using Photoshop and Illustrator. I like Photoshop personally because it is a lot easier to learn and I like photography and editing my photos better than making graphics on Illustrator. My two favorite Photoshop projects have been one of the first ones we did, which is the "Nature Man" one. I also really liked the Panorama one.

Nature Man

For this project we were given a picture of this man and a bunch of nature pictures. We had to put them together by using clipping masks to create a "Nature man". I do not remember how long this took because we did this project at the beginning of the year. I had trouble just getting started and trying to decide what I wanted my vision for him to be. I honestly just played around with it until I made something I liked. I learned how to use photoshop a lot better like using those clipping masks to put more than 1 picture together to create just one picture. The feedback I got was I did not use any blend mode or adjustment layers. I did not have time to make changes.

  Panorama

For this project we had to choose a theme and use 10 pictures to make one panorama. For my panorama my theme was the beach and I used pictures I took on some of my trips. Half were from Florida the other half were from Hawaii. I think this took me a couple a weeks again I can not really remember. Some challenges were just how to make all the pictures blend together right to make it look like they are both from the same place. I learned how to use different blend modes to fix that problem. The feedback I got was that there were a few areas that were a bit choppy which I tried my best to make it less choppy but like it is what it is. But then she did say overall this was really good and she said the colors were very beautiful. 

Thoughts 

Graphic design has been pretty fun so far. I just do not like using illustrator at all. The first quarter I liked better because like I said before I like taking my own pictures than getting to use Photoshop to edit. So I hope we learn more about photoshop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film

What I Learned I worked on the "Victoria" I learned that sometimes you need to problem solve last minute and I learned how to do that because 2 actors quit on us. We got replacements fast and made an effective schedule that works for everyone. I also learned how to organize everything better to make everything easier.  What I Would Do Differently I would have picked different actors who were reliable the first time so we did not have to spend a lot of time just worrying. I also would have changed the volume in some shots the car scene needed to be quieter and the coffee scene needed the audio of the dialogue to be louder. Also next time to make sure there is no jump cuts.

House Project

The Project So for this project we used sketchup and we had to make a model of a house we found on houseplans.com. This let us learn sketchup more and how to use different techiques in sketchup. The Process First we had to find a house then we had to look at the measurements of the house. I first just made a big block then I shaped it to look like my house. Then once I just got the shape of my house I added a porch and stairs. Then I started adding windows, doors and stuff like that. Then finally I looked back at my house and just tried to compared them and I added extra details that I forgot to do. Then after that I made an animation of giving a tour of my house.  I used this texture for my porch I used this texture for my house. What I Learned I learned how to use sketchup and different tools and techniques within sketchup. Like the push and pull tool to make a shape different heights. Then I learned how to use the orbital tool to move the camera and I

Feature Story

Overview Of The Project For our project in video we were assigned a partner, then we had to make a featured story about something about them. First we just got to know the person and we just talked for one class period. While talking to Blake (who was my partner) I took some notes about him to figure out what story I should do about him. Then I tried to come up with top 3 topics then I tried to come up with questions and the one I could come up with the best and most questions became my featured story. My featured story was finalized to be about Blake working at AMC. First I came up with a list of 21questions I could ask him. Then I decided to get some B-Roll at AMC the following weekend. During class while I was waiting for the weekend to come I made a lower third. After I got B-Roll I Interviewed Blake at ONW in the Auditorium. We chose that place because we couldn't find a quieter place that also had good lighting at AMC. After the Interview I edited my videos of the interv