Skip to main content

Vector Portrait

Pre-Production

I chose a picture of myself because I just thought that would be cooler seeing myself as the subject. Also I do not have any pets so I could not do that and I know my parents would not want me to make of them. I picked a headshot my friend took of me in downtown Kansas City because that is my favorite picture of myself. Once I downloaded that picture I cropped it so it was just my head mainly and then I used posterization so I could see the different values better. Then on Illustrator I made two art boards one has the picture with 100% opacity and then that same picture on the other board but with 80% opacity.

Production

I learned during this project I learned how to use the curve tool better and how to make sure everything is layered right. I also learned how to use layers to my advantage to make the process faster so I didn't have to exactly trace over every value. I also problem solved by just doing one lens of the glasses then I made a copy of that lens then reflected it and just made it the other lens to save a lot of time. I also sectioned my layers with the different body parts and accessories I had on. I focused on just zooming on the photo a lot and just trying to get every value traced in filled in as much as I can so then the result of the product would be as realistic as possible.

Final Product

I am very pleased and proud of my self for being able to recreate this photo in such a short amount of time. The only thing I would change is picking a picture of me not wearing glasses because the reflection took a long time and was very hard to replicate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Print Out A Doc. At ONW

width="560"> Pre-Production Our creative process was to name all the steps first on how to create a document and print it out then we looked at all the shots and put them on our story board to see which type of shot would make sense for each scene.Then we each used the iPad to just take pictures of each shot. Then we decided that I would be the actor for the video and Jaidyn would be the director and film.  Filming Like I said before my role was just the actor and I learned that you have to act like the camera isn't there and not pay attention to other things around you. I also helped like place the iPad in the right places and i learned how to make your shots level and use the 3 thirds rule. Editing I also edited the video. I learned how to use premiere pro and how to put the videos together and make sure they make sense so the audience doesn't get confused or it does not look weird. I also learned how to add words onto the video and how to ad...

Printing Process

Relief Relief printing process is when someone draws a picture into a wooden block or lithium metal. Then they use a roller that has ink all over it, then covers it with ink. Then they will put a piece of paper flat on the wooden or metal block. Then they use a roller to flatten out and press the paper on the carved block then you peel the paper off the block and then your done. You can carve the block by useing a chemical then drawing a sketch on a piece of paper then tracing it into the block with pen or sketch it out on the block and use different types of carving tools.  Intaglio This print process starts with a plate of medal which goes through a cleaning process then it gets some ground applied which is a combo of asphalt and rosin then it is spread all over the surface of the medal plate. Then the metal plate is smoked under a fire. Then the sketch gets scratched on and removes the ground with acid. Then its ready to print by using ink. Lithography This pri...

Quarter 4 Final Project

  About The Project  For the last quarter of E-9 we had a shark tank project. A shark tank project is when we get put in groups of 4-5 and we had to be basically apart of a made up business. For our business we needed a name for our company, a product, a logo for our product and company, a coupon, ads, a commercial, and a 3D model of our product. Then after we have done all of that and put it all into our website we had to present it to about half of the freshman E-Comm program. All of this took us about 2 months to do all of this.  Our product was called the LI. It stands for Language Interpreter. It can translate any language for you with an earpiece that tells you what to say and glasses that can read off what someone says or even writing. This product we thought would help unify our planet and everyone would be able to hear the world their way.  Some challenges we faced while doing this project were trying to decide what we were going to do with ou...