Skip to main content

Music Video

About The Project

For this project we had to choose a music video to recreate. My group decided to recreate "Young Dumb & Broke'" by Khalid. First we had to make a story board, film scape and beat sheet. Then we went out to film. Then we edited it. 

What I Learned

During this project I learned how much work it actually takes to make a music video. My job was being the director. As the director I blocked scenes and I also learned how to be a better leader and taking the lead in decision making. I learned how to use color correction a lot better. I also learned how to use some shortcuts so I can edit faster. I also learned how to use white balance in post production. I also learned how to slow down and speed up clips. I also learned I feel like how to a better leader when directing and 

Reflection

For this project what I would differently is pick a video that matches the weather we are having because the weather was a big problem. I would also try to get more shots of Dj lip syncing bc we ran out of good shots of him lip syncing. I would keep the way I edited same because I really liked it I would also keep the same shots because I thought all the shots looked really good. The experience of being a better leader is what I will definitely take away from this project and also the new things I learned in post production.

Overall

Overall I thought this project worked really well. It was very fun to film and make. This has been one of my favorite projects in e- comm so far. I also really liked my group, that probably helped a lot because we all worked really well together and they made this project so much fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film

What I Learned I worked on the "Victoria" I learned that sometimes you need to problem solve last minute and I learned how to do that because 2 actors quit on us. We got replacements fast and made an effective schedule that works for everyone. I also learned how to organize everything better to make everything easier.  What I Would Do Differently I would have picked different actors who were reliable the first time so we did not have to spend a lot of time just worrying. I also would have changed the volume in some shots the car scene needed to be quieter and the coffee scene needed the audio of the dialogue to be louder. Also next time to make sure there is no jump cuts.

House Project

The Project So for this project we used sketchup and we had to make a model of a house we found on houseplans.com. This let us learn sketchup more and how to use different techiques in sketchup. The Process First we had to find a house then we had to look at the measurements of the house. I first just made a big block then I shaped it to look like my house. Then once I just got the shape of my house I added a porch and stairs. Then I started adding windows, doors and stuff like that. Then finally I looked back at my house and just tried to compared them and I added extra details that I forgot to do. Then after that I made an animation of giving a tour of my house.  I used this texture for my porch I used this texture for my house. What I Learned I learned how to use sketchup and different tools and techniques within sketchup. Like the push and pull tool to make a shape different heights. Then I learned how to use the orbital tool to move the camera and I

Feature Story

Overview Of The Project For our project in video we were assigned a partner, then we had to make a featured story about something about them. First we just got to know the person and we just talked for one class period. While talking to Blake (who was my partner) I took some notes about him to figure out what story I should do about him. Then I tried to come up with top 3 topics then I tried to come up with questions and the one I could come up with the best and most questions became my featured story. My featured story was finalized to be about Blake working at AMC. First I came up with a list of 21questions I could ask him. Then I decided to get some B-Roll at AMC the following weekend. During class while I was waiting for the weekend to come I made a lower third. After I got B-Roll I Interviewed Blake at ONW in the Auditorium. We chose that place because we couldn't find a quieter place that also had good lighting at AMC. After the Interview I edited my videos of the interv